After 49 Days, 14 Hours, 4 Minutes, And 20 Seconds, The American Oarsmen Completed A 3,000 Mile Rowing Adventure Across The Atlantic!
(video by Ben Duffy)
Along The Way They:
- Earned 2 Guinness World Records for being the FASTEST and the FIRST three-man crew to ever row the Atlantic Ocean
- Became the first Texans to ever row an ocean
- Became the first Admirals in the Texas Navy on the High Seas since 1846
- Survived storms, massive waves, sleep deprivation, and extreme fatigue
- Witnessed countless dolphins, whales larger than their boat, and a 700+ pound sea turtle
- Raised awareness to help construct Houston's first rowing boathouse on the banks of Buffalo Bayou for the Rice University Rowing Club
- Honored the memory of a fallen Houston heroine: Firefighter Anne McCormick Sullivan, Houston Fire Department (their boat's namesake)
What's your next big adventure and are you taking Sew Sporty with you?